This person will be responsible to review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and assist in the design of programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent injury caused by physical, chemical, or ergonomic factors. Duties will include, but not be limited to: Assess and evaluate plant conditions for H&S compliance, conduct or manage inspections and enforce adherence to laws and governing health and safety. It is imperative that the H&S Specialist develops and maintains proficiency in technical matters related to Industrial hygiene, especially in the discipline of Air Sampling and Noise. It is also important that the H&S Specialist maintain professionalism while working in their capacity.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to work with individuals from varied backgrounds, skills and education levels to complete projects in an efficient and organized manner.Apply online or text recyclingjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process! Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the leading of the plant safety program and drive positive safety culture.
- Take semi-annual noise level readings in plant areas as required.
- Inspect and maintain a log of all emergency response equipment and operational status.
- Must be familiar with all hygiene related equipment and assist in maintenance.
- Assist with reports and statistical analysis of Health and Safety data for corporate review.
- Attend, complete, or conduct training or programs related to safety and employee wellness.
- Assist with incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action planning and execution.
- Maintain and work within department budget. Support plant financial objectives.
- Conduct mandated employee health and safety training programs as required by the Health and Safety Training Matrix, such as Hazard Communication, Lock Out/Tag Out and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Serve as a leader of plant/union monthly safety committee meetings.
- Perform field audits of all personal protective equipment in use in field.
- Perform LIA monitoring of all job classifications and record Quarterly and Annual Review results appropriately.
- Audit safety performance of all employees including all reporting forms and audit sheets,
- Work with supervision to develop and implement Job Safety Analysis and Site Specific Rescue Plans for each job.
- Assisting in the review and update of the Air Sampling Plan (ASP)
- Calibration and maintenance of Air Sampling equipment.
- Collection of Air Samples in line with an established ASP.
- Submission of samples for analysis in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintenance of records (e.g. ASP date collection sheets, complaint sampling data collection sheets, intermittent exposure monitoring data collection sheets, equipment, calibration documents, memos and formal reports related to Air Sampling studies, etc.)
- Recommend sample methods, strategies and help establish priorities.
- Assist in the investigation of employee complaints related to air quality
- Provide assistance to the engineering team for new manufacturing process, construction, demolition and renovation activities
- Review and approve sampling procedures, records and data prior to sample submittal
- Receive, approve and interpret Industrial Hygiene sample results.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations
- Ability to be trained of proper protocol for exposure monitoring
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and Word)
- Working knowledge of Intelex a plus
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently exposed to fumes, dust, airborne particles, noise, and extreme heat and humidity. While some work will be performed in an office setting, the majority of the time the employee will be required to be in the facility, where additional exposure is likely. All employees are required to wear full face respirators inside the facility. Qualified candidates must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend and climb with minimal effort.
Element Resources is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Statement
Element Resources (elementrellc.com
) is one of the largest battery recycling companies in the United States. Recycling recovers 99% of all lead received at our recycling centers. Every year we recycle millions of pounds of lead and recover and neutralize millions of gallons of sulfuric acid. Our robust, highly controlled recycling process is a critical part of our commitment to environmental sustainability.