Electrician needed for Element Resources in Muncie!!! Day Shift or Night Shift available. Journeyman Card or a 2 year technical degree and
4 years experience. Hourly rate up to $35.49 depending on experience.
You should have extensive troubleshooting skills and be familiar with:
- soft start equipment
- motor starters
- motors up to 450 HP
- lighting controls
- must have 480 volt 3 phase expertise.
- general machine and equipment repair experience.
One of Muncie's long-standing companies is hiring! Introducing ... Element Resources. Element is one of the leading Battery Recycling facilities in the country and has been a mainstay in the Muncie community for over 30 years. Did you know that batteries are the most recycled product in the world with a more than 99 percent recycling rate? Element provides an essential supply of recycled products to America's battery manufacturers to produce high quality, top performing batteries to power cars, trucks and forklifts, which are vital to keeping our country's supply chain running.Apply online or text recyclingjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process! Responsibilities
- Follow and enforce all safety rules.
- Hold blood lead levels low by adhering to good safety practices.
- Accountability for recordable accidents.
- Enter work data on work order forms.
- Provide ideas/solutions to equipment improvement and participate on miscellaneous improvement teams.
- Positive influence on others.
- Be able to work any shift.
- Follow Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical operations. Knowledge of 480v three phase, control power, MA signals, ac and dc circuits including motor starters and switch gear repairs.
- Perform electrical construction of conduit runs, wire pulls, terminations, and electrical component installations.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairing, and adjustment of all plant equipment.
- Maintain PLCs, control circuits, and primary power.
- Lift 50 pounds, Climb industrial ladders, Good physical dexterity
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in shop mathematics and blue print reading.
- Good working knowledge of manuals and procedures relating to all machinery.
- Efficiently make electrical equipment repairs and alteration.
- Have attitude and aptitude to work independently.
- Be able to shift priorities with unexpected events.
- Proficient with burners and burner controls.
- Knowledge of industrial furnaces a plus.
- All employees must be clean shaven and required to wear full face respirators and ear plugs while inside the facility. These items are furnished.
- Employees are required to wear Company provided uniforms and change clothes in an open locker room. Will also be required to take shower in open shower room prior to dressing in street clothes at the end of each shift
- High School diploma or GED required
- Journeyman's card or 2 year technical degree or 4 years of demonstrated experience in an industrial environment
Element Resources is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Statement
Element Resources (elementrellc.com
) is one of the nation's largest secondary recyclers of lead batteries used to power Transportation and Industrial market applications. With recycling plants located in Canon Hollow, Missouri, and Muncie, Indiana, Element Resources is committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way to ensure more than 16 million lead batteries are safely recycled each year, contributing the sustainability of the lead battery industry.