The Process Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, support and development of manufacturing equipment and processes coordinating with Global Research, Development, and Engineering as necessary. This individual will work to improve product manufacturability, reliability, and cost through continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes. This individual will be responsible for managing projects within facility. This individual will be knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical and chemical processes as they relate to the manufacturing of lead-acid batteries.
To perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Managing engineering projects related to equipment and process, as assigned by the Project Engineering Manager
• Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving assistance to facility
• Appropriate use of tools and equipment to diagnose and solve problems
• Using own initiative, follow up with results, conclusions and recommendations
• Ensure safe working environment
• Maintain and develop processes that achieve required quality, efficiency, and cost targets
• Update and develop process specifications to match current practices
• Monitor existing processes to assure continued quality, product integrity and cost effectiveness
• Generate ideas leading to cost reduction, product or process improvement, and scrap reduction
• Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
• BS in an Engineering discipline
• 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
• Technical aptitude for mechanical and electrical equipment
• An understanding in Electrical and Mechanical energy sources
• Ability to trouble shoot equipment and find root cause of issues
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD / Inventor an advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to see, hear and speak; able to sit, stand for at least two hours at a time, sit, bend, craw, squat, kneel and climb. Able to use both arms and hands to use computer, peripherals, and lift 40 pounds from floor level to overhead. Able to work below ground level in confined spaces and on stationary or mobile elevated platforms. Able to wear respirator and other PPE as required. Able to work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
Able to work inside or outside the plant environment and in all climate conditions. Exposed to lead, fumes, chemicals, moving operating equipment, and vehicles.
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Manufacturing builds innovative battery solutions that power everything from warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains and trucks. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we keep people on the move and essential supply chains running. Our stored energy solutions include lead and lithium batteries, intelligent chargers and cloud-based software that help companies make smart fleet design decisions. A technology leader backed by more than a century of expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge the status quo and deliver top-performing battery solutions for today's most recognized brands in manufacturing, distribution and retail. Stryten partners with our customers to meet the growing demand for reliable energy storage capacity now and into the future. Learn more at www.stryten.com.