Manager, Quality Assurance
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Remote - Canada Engineering Full-time
Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams' campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cisionemploys the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We'd love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Managerof Quality Assurance
carries two primary job duties. First is to oversee a team of QA Engineers mixed between full time employees and contractors. Second is to act as the technical leader for the quality assurance practice throughout the organization.
As a people manager,Managerof Quality Assurancewillhave many touch points with their employees throughout the week both informally and formally through one-on-ones. Themanagerguides the employee's growth and work assignments to strike a balance between individual growth interests and business needs.
Asthe leader of the quality assurance practice, the director is an evangelist and educator for quality practices throughout the Product Delivery organization. The director guides others in testing technology and best practices. Example Work
· Partner with development leaders during software releases to advise on quality and risk
· Develop SDLC with peers to infuse quality throughout
· Mentor quality assurance engineers throughout the organization
· Oversee design, selection, and implementation of test automation frameworks
· Participate in planning activities with the broader team Expectations
- Provides direction, feedback, and opportunity for career development for team members.
- Provides clear and timely feedback to team members on their performance.
- Organizes, scopes, prioritizes, and manages multiple concurrent projectsacrossmultiple teams.
- Forms key relationships with peers in department
- Pushes an automation first philosophy while filling in with functional testing where appropriate.
- Proactively provides visibility into project status and mitigates risks to ensure timely delivery.
- Works with dev peers to report on quality standards and areas of improvement.
- Understands how the overall business works and leverages understanding to provide context to their team.
- Understands where each dev team fits in to the overall business, how their immediate dev team is measured, and how the company is measured.
- Understands the role each department plays within the company and their key interface points with the dev organization.
- Has in-depth understanding of the technical stack of immediate team and familiarity with the technical stacks of adjacent teams.
- Manage business relationships with outsource firms.
- 5to10 years of relevant technical experience
- 3to5years of relevant leadership experience
- Experience with Automation technologies such as Selenium, Gatling, etc.
- Expert in the theory, practice, and tools of software quality assurance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or commensurate industry experience
- Can effectively discuss technical and non-technical topics with any business stakeholder
- Experience in agile development processes and methods
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge , the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision's commitmentto protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.