With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Under direct supervision, responsible for the efficient collection of plasma by performing venipuncture and monitoring the pheresis process
• Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) to perform plasma collection procedures including donor set-up, venipuncture, monitoring and disconnect
• Evaluates vein performance and makes corrections as necessary to expedite donation time and ensure product quality and donor safety
• Explains the screening process, health screening tests, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other pertinent information to the donor
• Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors, assists with reactions or notifies appropriate staff
• Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events
• Performs calibrations, verifies equipment maintenance, and responds to equipment alarms or donor issues
• Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system
• Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available
• Follows all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures
• High school diploma or equivalent vocational or technical training
• Minimum of 3 months' experience, preferably in medical or health provider environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to perform basic math calculations
For Centers located in NY the following experience is also required: persons performing automated plasma pheresis procedures shall be licensed
practical nurses, registered nurses, clinical laboratory technologists, clinical lab technicians or physician assistants, or persons with at least six months' experience in
collecting whole blood for transfusion.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.