Learn departmental production jobs and assist strip casting machines. Utility personnel must be willing to work and learn any and all machine operations, if assigned. Utility personnel are required to train and become licensed in the operation of material handling equipment. Failure to perform lift truck or walkie duties in a safe, efficient manner will disqualify an individual and they shall become subject to layoff and possible termination. Length of service alone will not warrant promotion.Responsibilities
- May work as team member or individually.
- Employee is required to repetitiously lift and handle lead strip weighing from 1 to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to understand and communicate simple English to receive training instruction and perform team responsibilities.
- Will be exposed to lead (dust, fumes, and molten form) and other hazards.
- Comply with safety and health regulations for the protection of self and fellow workers.
- Must learn and follow quality control specs and maintain accurate and timely SPC charts.
- Must successfully complete level 3 training for licensing as a material handling equipment operator.
- Employee is required to assist in departmental or plant cleaning.
- Comply with current Quality Systems Requirements.
- Follow Excell Lean Manufacturing Procedures.
- Must place and remove (when full) hazardous waste containers at satellite accumulation areas as required.
- Must label and date hazardous waste containers.
- Must ensure containers are in good condition and prepared for shipping (sealed lids).
- Is responsible for helping maintain the overall cleanliness of the department.
- Assisting strip casting operator in daily operation of strip casting line and helping to ensure quality of product.
- Perform other work as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- EHS Training as outlined in ENV 093-EHS Training Guide
- Mechanical skills
- Previous manufacturing skills
1. Continuous standing and walking.
2. Repetitious lifting of 30-40 lbs. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
3. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as respirator, gloves, safety glasses, face shields, metatarsal guard footwear and all required PPE to protect from splattering of molten lead.
4. May be occasionally exposed to extreme environmental conditions (hot, humid, cold).
Small hand tools, hoists, computer, material handling equipment and numerous machines.EEO Statement
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Statement
Stryten Manufacturing builds innovative battery solutions that power everything from submarines to subcompacts, warehouses, distribution centers, cars, trains and trucks. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we keep people on the move and essential supply chains running. Our stored energy solutions include lead and lithium batteries, intelligent chargers and cloud-based software that help companies make smart fleet design decisions. A technology leader backed by more than a century of expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge
the status quo and deliver top-performing battery solutions for today's most recognized brands in manufacturing, distribution and retail. Stryten partners with our customers to meet the growing demand for reliable energy storage capacity now and into the future. Learn more at www.stryten.com