Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Senior Offering Management Specialist is responsible for supporting, managing and directing product marketing related activities within their business and/or product line. At Honeywell, the product manager owns a product line end-to-end and is accountable for product profitability. The successful candidate will work closely with manufacturing and sourcing, engineering and R&D, internal senior executives, Field Sales organization, key business partners and the senior management team to maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the organization's product portfolio today and in the future.
Ability to travel up to 25% Key Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
· Integrate inputs to develop distinctive product plans with outstanding financial outcomes; Be competent in microeconomics, finance, VOC, research and analysis and basic marketing toolkit [market definition and sizing, segmentation, value management, targeting and positioning, pricing].
· Frequently contributes information and ideas to the strategy formulation process and to the production of marketing plans and budgets
· Own the product planning process including new product additions working with RD&E and ISC, Sales; sun-set current products; develop and manage product roadmaps linked to segment's, customer needs and willingness to pay; product positioning linked to distinctive understanding of competitive offerings and value; product value pricing; SKU management.
Value Management/Value Pricing:
· Design VOC; understand segmentation; understand value elements critical to customers; calculate value equations; target value propositions to customer segments
· Strong fundamental understanding and ability to apply value toolkit to value pricing situations
· Strong demonstrated ability to deal with complex value pricing issues in a dynamic competitive environment
· Demonstrated ability to implement new value based pricing strategies with positive results in the market
· Develop dynamic pricing strategies based on value delivered
Offering & Brand Management:
· Link between technology/product lines and customers. Ability to communicate the value of the offering in customer centric terms to cause customer to choose Honeywell offerings based on value delivered
· Strong VOC skill set and ability... meaningful VOC driven to important implications
· Strong knowledge of how to drive value propositions into compelling customer pitches that result in customer orders
· Classic product/services management. Understand and manage product/services life cycles, profitability, demand planning, new product/services development ideation and process management, competitive offerings
· Demonstrate understanding of end-to-end role of product manager in context of dynamic competitive environment; Owns the product profitability and drives positive results
Integrate businesses into decision making; Product team delivers on customer needs on time and budget
· Products added and pruned from the product line...aligned with business strategy and linked to ISC; Financial results clear
· Assist or contribute to the creation and building of brands; Assist in the brand management; Manage competitive brands
· Consistently works with Marcom to effectively promote and advertise brands
· Clearly leads market research planning and execution; Drives analysis to "so whats"
· The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts.
· Candidate is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. YOU MUST HAVE
· An undergraduate degree in an analytical (e.g. economics, math, engineering, etc) WE VALUE
· 2 to 3 years experience in product marketing role
· 2-3 years of experience of success marketing, strategic planning and product management. Additional Information
- JOB ID: HRD132408
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.