Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Imagine, design and develop products and systems as part of a highly engaged and integrated engineering team. You will collaborate across Honeywell Aerospace engineering teams to create solutions and systems that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will participate in all phases of product development and will be a coach and mentor to less experienced engineers.
Honeywell is implementing advanced gas turbine system technologies in a number of our aircraft propulsion products and auxiliary power units. Dramatic improvements to the fidelity of simulations used in the design processes of gas turbines are essential to shorten development cycles while meeting customer requirements on these projects. You will be responsible for leading activities within the Fan and Compressor Design Systems methods group to drive continued development of predictive tools to assess damage and performance degradation due to bird and ice ingestion. You will also be expected to provide guidance to fan and compressor design teams on the use of best practices for general mechanical modeling and measurements and will develop new processes in these areas. You will help lead root cause investigations of mechanical failures to enable rapid resolution.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Develop best practices for bird and ice impact simulations on turbofan/turboshaft engines
- Validate best practices with test data
- Define tests to collect validation data for impact analysis
- Integrate impact analysis best practices into Honeywell design workflows
- Guide design teams on use of best practices for mechanical modeling and measurements (linear and non-linear stress analysis, modal analysis, HCF, LCF)
- Develop new mechanical modeling processes/methods
- Provide leadership of root cause investigations into mechanical failures in fans and compressors and the selection of appropriate design or fabrication changes
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or other related Engineering field
- Six plus years of mechanical engineering experience
- Advanced degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Experience with impact simulations, preferably with LS-DYNA
- Experience with ballistic testing
- Solid understanding of solid mechanics
- General understanding of fluid mechanics
- Programming / Scripting experience, preferably MATLAB
- Strategic planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Creativity and ability to develop original solutions with little guidance
- JOB ID: HRD131913
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 111 S 34th St.,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Human Resources (CORPORATE HR)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.