The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell is not just about developing cool things. That is why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Mechanical Design Engineer II
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Honeywell Aerospace, Engines & Power Systems Engineering, Test Services group in Phoenix Arizona. The primary responsibility for this role is to design and develop mechanical test equipment, instrumentation, machinery, and facilities. Applies knowledge of mechanical engineering to design mechanical test equipment for testing products such as gas turbine engines, valves, actuators, heat exchangers, environmental control systems, turbo machines, starters, electric generators, auxiliary power units, etc. Primarily using Siemens NX CAD software and Teamcenter® product lifecycle management (PLM) software. May be involved in design, modeling, analysis, and documentation of mechanical test equipment. This position is located at our Phoenix Engines Mechanical Test facility (111 S 34th Street Phoenix, AZ), but may also periodically provide design support to our other Honeywell Aerospace Mechanical Test facilities in Tempe AZ, Torrance CA, South Bend IN, and Mexicali MX.
- Perform engineering activities to design mechanical test equipment, reducing manufacturing cost, improving quality, and reducing cycle time.
- Improve design process and procedures to reduce cycle time and cost based on lessons learned, standard drawings and specifications, CAD standards, and additive manufacturing.
- Task planning, coordination, and prioritization of activities.
- Mentoring domestic and global team members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including effective presentation to customers
You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status to support export restricted government projects.
- At least 3 years of experience designing mechanical systems and equipment or similar related technical experience.
- Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 1 year of related technical experience.
- 3+ years of experience with CAD software like Siemens NX, SolidWorks, CATIA, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Proficient with design software such as Siemens NX.
- Experience with 3D modeling.
- Familiarity with analysis software such as ANSYS, StarCMM or Fluent.
- Knowledge and experience with Teamcenter configuration management software.
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) or computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with test fixtures, pneumatic ducts, tooling, and rotating machinery.
- Knowledge and experience with Additive Manufacturing for plastics or metals.
- Ability to be a part of a team to resolve complex engineering problems and coordinate work.
- Good knowledge of aerospace industry.
- Effective listening skills and flexibility in approach to resolve complex engineering problems.
- Self-motivation and ability to take initiative and work with little supervision.
- Willingness to put in the effort required get the job done.
- Honeywell Six Sigma Green Belt certification a plus.
- JOB ID: HRD133315
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 111 S 34th St.,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.