Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at www.praxairsurfacetechnologies.com Job Overview
The ideal Spray /Powder Coater / candidate will be a detail-oriented worker with experience spray painting and powder coating. This employee must have the ability and willingness to prep, spray paint, powder coat, sand, clean, etc.
Employees must complete work in accordance with company work orders meeting high quality standards. Must be willing and happy to continually clean and maintain the cleanliness of their areas. The candidate should be willing to perform other duties as assigned. The candidate should also possess a strong desire to work safely in accordance the company's safety principlesQualifications
- Working safely is our number one priority
- Grinding, sanding and cleaning surfaces of items to be coated
- Mixing and loading of coatings into spray equipment
- Connecting hoses to spray equipment and adjusting spray nozzles to required pressure
- Securing items to be sprayed within spray booths
- Apply both liquid and powder coatings via manual spray apparatus.
- Moving items to oven for cure (Forklift training preferred)
- Starting and monitoring curing ovens
- Clean and maintain spray equipment, rebuild when necessary
- General packaging of coated parts
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Other Duties Assigned
- At least two years of related painting experience
- Must be detailoriented
- Must have the ability to take direction well
- Must be capable of lifting a maximum of 40 pounds
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime when required and any shift
- Must be capable of performing moderate physical activities relative to painting such as walking, standing, reaching and stooping
- Preferred two year of relevant industrial spray experience.
- Fluoropolymer spray and or powder coating experience, a plus
- General knowledge of hand tools and power tools
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.