Westat is currently seeking motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and are experienced in working with primary and secondary school students to work as Assessment Administrators (AAs) for the 2022 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP). This opportunity is ideal for retired educators and others who are comfortable working with children.
The primary role of the NAEP AA is to conduct the assessment sessions in participating schools as well as assisting with other assessment-related activities and working with Assessment Coordinators (ACs) to prepare for the assessments. AAs may work alone or with other AAs in conducting assessments in a given school. Assessments are conducted with grade 4 and 8 students in both public and private schools.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. Based on recommendations from the CDC and other public health authorities, we require staff to protect and monitor their health while working on their assignment. The use of personal protective equipment, regular testing for COVID-19, or other screening activities is required; getting vaccinated is strongly recommended and may be required in some locations.Basic Qualifications
- Be 18 or older (or an emancipated minor) with the ability to enter binding confidentiality agreements to protect project information.
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be available to conduct a computer readiness check in December 2021, prior to online training in January 2022; and
- Be available to complete online training and attend a 1- to 2-day, in-person meeting in January 2022.
Training dates and the requirement to attend in-person training may be adjusted and are contingent on COVID-19 rules and regulations.Minimum Requirements
- Be available to work for the specified data collection period of January 24, 2022, through March 4, 2022;
- Be available to work 20-30 hours per week, when work is available;
- Successfully complete all training requirements;
- Be willing to travel locally to complete work;
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift and carry study materials weighing 20 pounds;
- Climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment/materials; and
- Be able to move around the assessment room in order to set up, break down, monitor activities, and respond to student questions;
- Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular;
- Have reliable access to a computer with an internet connection to complete training modules over several consecutive hours, including the ability to access audio files either through speakers or a headset;
- Have access to a unique, personal email address that is not shared with another person;
- Have reliable transportation (to ensure on-time arrival at the assigned schools);
- Have a valid (current) driver's license that is not under suspension (except in certain metropolitan areas); and
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
Residents of New York City, NY, Philadelphia, PA, or the state of Colorado must apply to the location-specific requisition.
- Have strong communication skills;
- Have the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English;
- Have strong interpersonal skills;
- Have basic computer proficiency, particularly in accessing the internet and using e-mail, MS Word, and Excel;
- Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented; and
- Be flexible in working assigned tasks.
This is a part-time nonexempt position not initially eligible for health insurance. Pay rates are based on experience and geographical location.
Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.