About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
The Director, Client Services, Human Resources (HR) and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Communications is responsible for developing the strategy, execution and measurement of communications supporting Human Resources and DEI. Reporting to the Executive Director, Internal Communications, this individual leads internal and external communications to engage key stakeholders around HR strategies that align to the overall company business objectives, priorities and narrative. This hands-on leader helps tell our story to grow our business, drive engagement and inclusion, and shape our reputation. The ability to manage and advance many projects simultaneously, collaborate with stakeholders and adapt quickly to the unexpected is essential in this role. In addition, it is essential to drive alignment across different business functions, think quickly and act decisively in a fast-paced environment while responding to continuous shifts across the enterprise.
Key programs include Employee Engagement, Leadership Development, Benefits, Learning and Professional Development Week, Performance Management, Employer Brand Development, Diversity Equity and Inclusion strategy, Employee Resource Group engagement, DEI observances and recognitions, among other initiatives. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Designs, develops and executes a cohesive, integrated HR and DEI communication strategy across all internal platforms to raise awareness, engagement and inclusion.
- Serves as strategic advisor and provides communications counsel and support to Chief Human Resources Officer and SVP, Chief Diversity Officer for internal and external initiatives with significant impact. Deliverables may include internal and external presentations, blogs and social media.
- Continuously thinks of creative ways to engage the audience across the enterprise. Champions new, innovative ideas through well structured, well-supported and clearly articulated points of view.
- Works closely with Internal Communications team to develop internal platforms for HR and DEI-focused news, information, education and cross-functional collaboration.
- Works closely with the ED, Internal Communications and Communications, Marketing and Transformation teams to ensure messaging is aligned to the overall company strategy, priorities and narrative.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with key internal stakeholders, and external business and community contacts.
- Collaborates closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure message and audience alignment.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in internal communications or Human Resources communication, preferably in the health care arena.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Human Resources communications experience in a major health-care institution
- Communicating diversity, equity and inclusion strategic messaging
- Mid-level to senior position is essential
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector.
- Coach, train and instruct staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Effective facilitator in various settings
- Strong strategic leadership abilities
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Exhibit a cooperative and team oriented attitude
- Tact in diplomacy and negotiations
- Effective cultivation of relationships
- Mastery of modern communications tools: social/digital media
- Understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Ability to successfully navigate in a complex, matrix organization
- Adept in appropriately managing high-level, confidential and sensitive information
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, with an emphasis on simple and conversational style
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Jul 22, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job