Position Purpose: Works with members and providers to close care gaps, ensure barriers to care are removed, and improve the overall member and provider experience through outreach and face-to-face interaction with members and providers at large IPA and/or group practices. Serves to collaborate with providers in the field, to improve HEDIS measures and provides education for HEDIS measures and coding. Supports the implementation of quality improvement interventions and audits in relation to plan providers. Assists in resolving deficiencies impacting plan compliance to meeting State and Federal standards for HEDIS. Conducts telephonic outreach, while embedded in the providers' offices, to members who are identified as needing preventive services in support of quality initiatives and regulatory/contractual requirements. Provides education to members regarding the care gaps they have when in the providers office for medical appointments. Schedules doctor appointments on behalf of the practitioner and assists member with wraparound services such as arranging transportation, connecting them with community-based resources and other affinity programs as available. Maintains confidentiality of business and protected health information. Essential,Candidate Education: Required A Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Nursing, psychology, Social Work, Health Administration, or related health field or equivalent work experience (a total of 4 years of experience required for the position); Work experience should be in direct patient care, social work, quality improvement or health coaching preferably in a managed care environment.Candidate Experience: Required 2+ years of experience in Work experience should be in direct patient care, social work, quality improvement or health coaching preferably in a managed care environment,Licenses and Certifications:A license in one of the following is required: Preferred Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Essential Functions: * Acts as a liaison and member advocate between the member/family, physician and facilities/agencies.
* Acts as the face of WellCare in the provider community with the provider and office staff where their services are embedded.
* Advises and educates Provider practices in appropriate HEDIS measures, and HEDIS ICD-10 /CPT coding in accordance with NCQA requirements.
* Assesses provider performance data to identify and strategizes opportunities for provider improvement.
* Collaborates with Provider Relations to improve provider performance in areas of Quality, Risk Adjustment, Operations (claims and encounters).
* Schedules doctor appointments for members with care gaps to access needed preventive care services and close gaps in care in the provider's office.
* Conducts face-to-face education with the member and their family, in the provider's office, about care gaps identified, and barriers to care.
* Conducts telephonic outreach and health coaching to members to support quality improvement, regulatory and contractual requirements.
* Arranges transportation for members as needed.
* Arranges follow-up appointments for member as needed.
* Documents all actions taken regarding contact related to member.
* Interacts with other departments including customer service to resolve member issues.
* Refers to case or disease management as appropriate.
* Completes special assignments and projects instrumental to the function of the department.
* Performs other duties as assigned.Additional Responsibilities: * Position may be located in a provider's officePreferred Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW)
Preferred Certified Social Worker (C-SW)
Preferred Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
Preferred Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.