OverviewStarting pay rate $19.29 per hour!! Offering Sign-on bonus paid after 75th day of employment.
One of Muncie's long-standing companies is hiring! Introducing ... Element Resources. Element is one of the leading Battery Recycling facilities in the country and has been a mainstay in the Muncie community for over 30 years. Did you know that batteries are the most recycled product in the world with a more than 99 percent recycling rate? Element provides an essential supply of recycled products to America's battery manufacturers to produce high quality, top performing batteries to power cars, trucks and forklifts, which are vital to keeping our country's supply chain running.
Element Resources is currently recruiting for Smelter Operators at our facility in Muncie, Indiana!
A Recycling Smelter Operator generally is responsible to operate a piece of equipment or perform tasks at the direction of the supervisor. The Operator also may work with a senior operator to carry out operations in an operating system or unit; the operator may be asked to perform as part of a team. The operator is also responsible for performing work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Work may be performed in Blast Furnace, Refinery, or Breaker departments.Apply online or text recyclingjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process! Responsibilities
The duties assigned to an Operator may vary with the area assigned. Specific duties are described in operating instructions for each area or piece of equipment. Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Load and operate high-speed blenders
- Operate blending/milling equipment
- Operate smelters and spray dryer, record temperature at specified intervals
- Empty smelter.
- Package material for shipments, including weight and quantities
- Operate a fork and/or lift truck
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
- Train other Operators when assigned to do so by supervisor.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work in a safe and environmentally sound manner
- Clean and lubricate all equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping
- May be required to relieve other Operations
- Any other miscellaneous duties
- Able to operate equipment basic power and hand tools and possibly some heavy equipment such as a forklift, man-lift, etc.
- Able to understand and follow both verbal and visual instructions regarding plant safety and operations.
- Comprehend and apply basic math skills e.g. addition, subtraction, etc.
- Able to satisfy a Pulmonary Function Test within OSHA standards and wear a respirator
- Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to lift, bend, reach and twist with loads for periods of time. Throughout the day, actual lifting may be from 15 to 50 lbs. and up to 100 lbs. on an infrequent basis.
- High School and or technical/vocational training preferred
- Recycling, smelting, metallurgical processing plant experience, or other relevant industrial experience
- Working knowledge of pumps, flow processes, e.g. throughput, valves, and electrical and understanding units of measurement e.g. psi, flow rate, gpm, amps, etc.
Element Resources is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Statement
Element Resources (elementrellc.com) is one of the largest battery recycling companies in the United States. Recycling recovers 99% of all lead received at our recycling centers. Every year we recycle millions of pounds of lead and recover and neutralize millions of gallons of sulfuric acid. Our robust, highly controlled recycling process is a critical part of our commitment to environmental sustainability.