About Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance equipment, coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at www.praxairsurfacetechnologies.com .
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Plant Manager for our Brevard, NC facility.
The Plant Manager is responsible for all manufacturing and production related operations. This individual plans, organizes, leads and controls the plant to achieve established strategic and tactical goals. Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the business environment
- Develops input on the strategic plan for the business
- Implements strategic and tactical plans for the plant operation
- Assists in preparing an annual business plan with primary focus on financial performance, specific objectives, contingency plans and resource requirements
- Determines causes for excessive departure from plan and initiates corrective action as well as assists in developing plans to achieve short and long-term goals for the business
- Monitors production costs and develops plans for the elimination of non-value adding costs and aggressively pursues continuous process improvement through Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Develops appropriate plans and procedures in support of business safety strategies and policies and promotes safety practices throughout the organization
- Ensures site alignment with corporate personnel, business integrity, and other enterprise-wide policies
- Monitors production processes to ensure that the Quality Assurance functions, Job Instructions, and shop practices are maintained at their highest level of capability to minimize product liability risks
- Assesses rework levels; ensures that process capability problems are identified and resolved; and, evaluates customer complaint trends to determine resources necessary to meet customer needs
- Aligns with commercial team on global market trends and new product opportunities, supporting development as needed
This position reports to the General ManagerQualifications Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- 7+ years of Operations experience
- 5+ years of Management experience with profit and loss responsibility
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases, etc.)
- Computer Integrated Machining experience
- Thermal Spray Coatings industry experience
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.