Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Sr. Identity Engineer (IAM) at Honeywell, this is your opportunity to join our Cybersecurity team and provide valuable, secure user experiences for Honeywell employees, partners, and customers.
You will work with the latest technologies and provide world-class engineering solutions with Directory Services, ensuring that they align with directions set by best practices and defined standards within Honeywell. Your job responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Directory Services under the IAM services portfolio
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Working knowledge of MS Windows operating systems
- Proficient in scripting especially PowerShell
- Understand how the service works from a business/end-user/technical perspective
- Have command of the service including its capabilities and proper use
- Execute proofs-of-concept guided by Sr. Identity Architect and Service Manager
- Complete assigned projects/tasks in a timely manner
- Interact with key stakeholders and project/program teams to understand their requirements and engineer solutions based on best practices
- Ensure proper oversight for quality assurance of IAM artifacts
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles
- Proactively provide feedback regarding infrastructure IAM engineering methodologies, standards, and leading projects
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
- Delivers and manages a highly available, stable, and secure Directory Services environment
- Participates in the testing (e.g. planning and execution) related to performance, disaster recovery, and business continuity for AD and AAD
- Analytical/Decision-Making Responsibilities
- Understands the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility/impact and proposes actionable plans
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
- Analyzes and resolves complex issues (e.g. performance problems and outages) to the Directory Services environments, escalating to and working with vendors and clients as required
- Ability to analyze and operate at different levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Evangelize optimal options based on documented best practices and standards
- Maintain accurate and timely tracking of activities
- Incident/Problem management
- Manage incident/problem lifecycle including ticketing and stakeholder interaction
- Performs proactive problem management to identify and resolve potential issues related to the Directory environments
- Follow documented troubleshooting procedures for standard support situations
- Escalate to and collaborate with tier 3 support (i.e., Sr. Identity Architect), when necessary
- Run book activities
- Monitor the service from both a functional and infrastructure perspective
- Execute service reports and gather/report metrics
- Address service problems
- Document changes and/or new activities
- Works under the supervision of the Sr. Cyber Security Manager, and interacts with Senior/Portfolio Architect
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance. YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
- 3+ years developing, engineering, and implementing enterprise-class IAM/security solutions related to Active Directory / Azure Active Directory.
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory specific experience
- Authentication & Authorization types (Federation/SSO, LDAP/Kerberos, MFA)
- Group Policy Management
- Troubleshooting experience with Directory replication
- Directory consolidation
- Scripting knowledge including bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Securing the Directory from both a physical and logical aspect
- Defining the logical organizational structure (OU/Tree organization)
- Understanding of LDAP structures such as schemas, object classes, and attributes
- Understanding of Administrative model (how we manage objects)
- Knowledge of on-premises & cloud directory functions
- Understanding of DNS & Networking
- Knowledge/Experience with Directory as a Service (DaaS)
- Experience with ADFS or other federation services
- Experience with testing concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Identity security best practices
- Results-focused visionaries that consistently deliver high-quality solutions.
- Strong personal organization and project management skills.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code Additional Information
- JOB ID: HRD135228
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3333 Unity Drive,Mississauga,Ontario,L5L 3S6,Canada