Ability Beyond is looking for a confident, empathetic and organized person to be part of our inter-disciplinary team to help individuals with developmental/intellectual and physical disabilities living in group home settings achieve and live their healthiest lives! This person will accompany individuals on medical appointments, communicate effectively with health care providers and families, advocate when necessary, organize and maintain clinical records, provide direct care when necessary and assist in agency quality improvement efforts.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, college level studies and/or degree in health related area is preferred.
- Previous related experience in a clinical or medical administrative setting preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a related field. Experience specifically in a residential environment is preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to drive individuals with medical needs as passengers in agency vehicle.
Full time position located in Beacon, NY
M-F 8/8:30-4/4:30 (40 hours weekly)QualificationsEducation
High School or better.Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License NY
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)