At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The role is to be managing the General Ledger of the Polaris India legal entity and be the Bangalore SSC business senior financial support.
This includes responsibility for maintaining an accurate General Ledger with FSSC, preparing financial statements and timely reporting to local, EMEA and Corporate in accordance with standard accounting practices.
The Controller should also assist the Bangalore leadership team in providing sound financial advices and support to ensure that the region is delivering exceptional and correct results.
The Controller must also be service minded, have high integrity and have good communication skills. The job offers a fantastic stimulating and fast-moving environment, strong team spirit, amazing products, personal development and future career opportunities.
They will be responsible for the statutory and tax reporting of Polaris India as well as the FEMA process across all locations including the budget management, financial reporting and CAPEX management of Polaris India Private limited Bangalore office by liaising with the different department owners and working with US operations finance analysts in GBUs in Polaris US HQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working as a key finance member for the Bangalore leadership team engaged in Analysis, Forecasting and Budgeting ownership of operational expense and CAPEX for the fast-growing Bangalore Shared service center
- Analyze and report the financial results for engineering, IS, Finance, trade compliance, legal and HR
- Assist IS and engineering department with their business cases and Polaris value add propositions
- Be a member in projects within Polaris Finance and India
- Propose, build, maintain and update Bangalore cost allocations with relevant key drivers
- for Bangalore business cases
- Management of any assets, leasing and intercompany Bangalore transactions end to end including flow, duty insurance and accurate GST setup
- Liaising with US Ops FIN Global business Units leads and analyzing respective Bangalore centre spends.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & REPORTING
- Maintain the general ledger on a day to day basis together with FSSC GL and AP team as directed by Polaris Local, International and corporate accounting. This will include system maintenance, setting up new accounts, writing financial reports, generating month end financial reports and maintaining the integrity of the general ledger.
- Liaise with Delhi senior financial analyst for business pertaining to the tax and statutory legal entity and direct them as needed
- Prepare income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports. Assist Financial Manager in analyzing financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Oversee end to end the CAPEX budgeting, compliance recording tracking and accounting for the centre
- Updating the overall PIN monthly cashflow for Delhi, Bangalore and Coimbatore.
- Preparing Statutory Audit Schedules needed for Bangalore analytics.
- Liaising with the Auditors for Bangalore elements of Statutory Audit.
- In charge of the monthly closing and reporting to Corporate in U.S. GAAP.
- Together with Intl finance team, lead development of systems and procedures in compliance with local laws, corporate governance, standard accounting practices and business needs.
- Preparation and submission of any government required reporting and tax returns.
- Maintain some SOX documentation and processes related to accounting and other administration.
- Timely and accurately respond to questions and request from both EMEA and US.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Chartered Accountant and Master Degree in Commerce.
- 9 years relative experience in cost center management and India GST and statutory laws
- Well versed with MS Office and Internet Applications
- Speak English- other languages a plus
- Strong system (Microsoft Dynamics a plus, Tally ERP).
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!About Polaris
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.comEEO Statement
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.