Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Works closely with several cross-functional stakeholders including US Market Access, Commercial Operations, Marketing, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Medical and Market Analytics along with relevant external customers and stakeholders.
- Has significant interaction with Senior Commercial and Legal leadership to accomplish overall business objectives.
- Oversees existing patient access programs, inclusive of affordability programs (Co-Pay/Coupon, Patient Assistance Program, etc.) day to day operations with a focus on operational excellence in support of patient needs.
- Manages external partner performance against contractual arrangements, SOPs, KPIs, and to budget.
- Maintains program SOPs, business rules, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports.
- Negotiates and executes contracts/SOWs and budgets for desired services.
- Develops project timelines for new and enhanced services and manages through to completion. Identifies and communicates strategic insights and trends in health plan coverage, healthcare reform, patient access and provider needs.
- Supports Field Payer Team reimbursement needs with strong communication and timely customer service to address customer needs.
- Supports Access and Reimbursement Management (ARM) Team with a strong commitment on the partnership between Patient Support Services (HUB) and the ARM Team.
- Develops strategic recommendations and implementation plans for EMD patient support services.
- Achieves brand specific patient access objectives and KPI's at launch and throughout the product lifecycle and ensures that operations are in place to provide optimal reimbursement support at launch.
- Leads the design, implementation and ongoing management of all patient reimbursement HUB services programs.
- Develops performance dashboards and interprets hub data for purposes of assessing market access trends, hub program utilization, and performance against defined KPIs.
- Develops and maintains SOPs and business rules related to all US patient support.
- Supports the annual brand planning process with data driven reimbursement insights. Demonstrates fiscal discipline and accountability to effectively and efficiently manage external partners and vendors performance through appropriate metrics.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Requires a minimum of 7 years' experience within the biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
- 5 years of proven experience working with or in Patient Access call center HUB operations
- Product launch experience required
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, creativity and problem solving skills
- Good communicator with ability to influence others
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities.
- Track record of successfully managing and leading vendor relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective and achieving results
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access
- Knowledge and experience in Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy, and buy and bill
- Knowledge and experience in *Co-Pay, Coupon, Bridge and Patient Assistance Programs. *Strong understanding of Maximizers and Accumulators preferred
- Experience with Commercial Brand Planning process, able to translate brand disease state and business drivers into patient support programs and operational requirements
- "Customer First" customer service orientation. Puts the customer at the center of all business activities
*This role can be performed remote.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.