Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
The Specialty Sales Consultant Neuroscience is responsible for direct promotion of Jazz Pharmaceuticals' products, and the development and management of business relationships with therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory. The Specialty Sales Consultant (SSC) is an integral part of the commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales and marketing functions. The Specialty Sales Consultant will implement Jazz Pharmaceuticals' marketing strategies and marketing tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives. This position is within The Sleep Business Unit, and reports directly to a Regional Sales Manager.MUST HAVE PHARMACEUTICAL SALES EXPERIENCEThe Specialty Sales Consultant will
- Educate physicians and other health care professionals about Jazz Pharmaceuticals products, providing the most current information about the approved indications for the company's products
- Achieve individual sales goals and productivity objectives
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company's policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Analyze the SSC's designated territory to understand prescribing and decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Utilize all available resources to educate HCP and staff on products
- Manage patient flow challenges, helping office navigate the process from prescription to insurance criteria to patient access of product
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Prepare a business plan and territory tactical plan for the SSC's assigned territory
- Implement approved plans within established time lines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other health care professionals identified in business plans
- Work with cross functional MSL, Managed Market and Access and Reimbursement teams to compliantly meet the needs of physicians, health care professionals, and patients
- Present a positive and professional image of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company's ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and procedures
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Perform all activities within allocated budget
Essential Qualifications for Oxybate Sales Force:
Description of physical demands
- Current relationships with hospitals, sleep labs, neurologists, pulmonologists and sleep specialist preferred
- Hospital/Account based experience and closed access account navigation is preferred
- Sleep and Central Nervous System therapeutic sales experience is preferred
- Orphan/rare disease therapeutic sales experience a benefit
- REMS/hub or central pharmacy experience helpful
- Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
- Post-graduate business school study, training is preferred
- Must have a minimum of five years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- At least two years of specialist sales experience is preferred (i.e. neurologists, pulmonologists, psychiatrists, or sleep specialists)
- Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and applicable disease states desired
- Strong understanding of payer landscape, and the ability to discuss managed care criteria for a high value specialty product, desired
- Experience in the planning and execution of launch and push and pull through strategies of new products in a live and/or virtual setting
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use in both live and virtual interactions.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel and PPE's.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.