Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
The Senior Manager, Project Management (PM) is responsible to ensure the delivery of assigned projects within a Global Molecule Team (GMT) approved strategy, on time and within governance approved budget limits. Within our matrix environment the Senior Manager PM will also support the management and leadership of cross functional team(s) which are responsible to execute across projects for a specific molecule. This role works closely with the Project Management Leaders (PML) and other assigned PM team members (i.e. Technical Operations PM, Launch PM etc.) to ensure timely execution of molecule and project team goals and objectives.
- Must apply PM knowledge in the development of early and late stage integrated project plan roadmaps by gathering information and incorporating cross-functional input
- Oversees and maintains the integrated project plan using Planisware to identify and monitor critical path activities and drive execution of key development activities and milestones to achieve project objectives within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Lead global cross-functional teams in preparing project objectives that support the corporate objectives
- Collaborate with team members to prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Partner with Finance to create project budgets in collaboration with team leads, and ensure regular re-forecasting to support the quarterly LE processes
- Collaborate with team members to identify potential project risks and prepare/manage the Risk Management plan including risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Liaise with Project Managers with responsibilities under the same molecule to ensure alignment between the project plans and sub team objectives
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the Jazz organization
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses knowledge of all phases of the drug development cycle and has some technical understanding toward the successful development and registration of pharmaceutical products
- Able to independently manage all stages of a development program
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills both one on one and in a team setting
- Ability to work jointly with team leadership to guide and motivate project team members and ensure conflicting functional needs are recognized and resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Fully trained in all relevant PM processes and can competently use and employ essential project management tools and methodologies to facilitate project team activities, manage risks and ensure team execution.
- Ability to influence without authority and balance task requirements with personality issues to solve a broad range of problems in varying scope and complexity
- Strong meeting management and process facilitations skills to define, plan and actively lead team meetings, record key decisions and actions for the projects
- Ability to clearly communicate project status and resource constraints to senior management
Required Education and Licenses
- BA/BS/RPh+ 6 yrs /Graduate Degree + 4 yrs experience of drug development (R&D) within the pharmaceutical industry and related experience in project management
Required Education and Licenses
- Project Management Professional (PMPÂ®) certification a plus
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.