The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As an Design Engineering HW Test Engineer III at Honeywell you will provide leadership in the area of Engineering Testing for the global SPS Electro/Mechanical group. Plans and directs all aspects of Lab Test engineering activities within the Honeywell’s SPS EM business. You will also work with GBE EM personnel to ensure activities are aligned with the customer use cases. You will interface regularly with the new product development teams, service and repair, and quality.
· Develop system and component qualification test plans to demonstrate compliance with reliability targets through analysis and testing that are consistent with customer use cases.
· Perform Statistical analysis needed to provide evidence of compliance to specifications.
· Drive V&V deliverables for NPI projects and Execute engineering validation test plans, evaluate and report results.
· Lead Lab test/process improvements including HSE and lab tools
· Work closely with SPS design engineers and Quality engineers to ensure processes are in place to test and maintain the integrity of new product designs over time.
· Determine appropriate sample sizes for engineering validation testing (EVT), new product qualification, and on-going product and component tests.
· Communicate effectively the reliability efforts of the team throughout the organization.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
· Must have graduated, from an accredited college or university since May 2021, or will graduate by May 2022
. Must have acquired degree within 12 months of the date of hire
· Demonstrated success as team player with proven leadership and demonstrated customer interface ability who is comfortable working in a matrix organization.
· A proficiency in problem solving related to mechanical and electrical failures/issues associated with parts, assemblies, and products is required.
· Strong experience with test and measurement equipment, Windows based PCs, and Microsoft Office.
· Solid mechanical systems sense and ability to learn and contribute. General problem-solving abilities to resolve routine technical problems.
· Hands on, Team player, creative, out of the box thinker, and organized.
· You must have demonstrated success as team player who is comfortable working in a matrix organization.
· Experience in structural analysis, failure analysis, vibration and environmental testing.
· ProE CAD experience
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.