The Warehouse Technician - Lead supports the management team with the day-to-day operation of the warehouse. The Warehouse Technician - Lead will support the Warehouse Supervisor and warehouse operation by assisting and coordinating all assigned daily warehouse activities, not limited to: staging, kitting, picking, receiving, storing, inventory control, distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished goods, as well as maintenance of the warehouse and other storage areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Responsible for coordinating warehouse operations, by improving performance, and the quality of services provided by the warehouse team
- Perform a variety of tasks including kitting of parts for manufacturing, stock put away, consolidation of released material for transportation between facilities.
- Lead warehouse employees by example by loading/unloading trucks and/or performing all other warehouse related activities as necessary
- Assist the management team with employee training, and clearly communicating job expectations to warehouse employees
- Fill material requests from all external departments in a timely manner.
- Pull and process all scheduled material cart requests daily
- Unpack, check goods received against purchase orders, invoices, return authorizations, or other related job completion documentation.
- Assist receiving department by entering purchase order receipts into the computer system and route the material, and paperwork to the correct destinations within the organization.
- Maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on warehouse floor throughout the shift.
- Possess strong inventory control skills and lead daily cycle count activities. Assist in yearend physical inventory counts
- Reviews, organizes and prioritizes, all outgoing orders to meet deadlines.
- Performs administrative tasks as necessary.
- Coordinating daily workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, while monitoring any issues, and ensuring daily warehouse targets are met
- Foster a safe working culture
- Label parts as needed during receiving, put away, picking/kitting process
- Utilize warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, hand trucks and delivery carts.
- Break down boxes and remove pallets and/or packaging waste from stocking, receiving and picking/kitting activities.
- Utilize warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack, hand trucks and delivery carts.
- Count, sort, and put materials in bins, boxes, or on pallets for storage
- Accurately transact material requests and inventory transfers on the RF handheld devices and computer.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing to resolve discrepancies that arise during the receiving, or parts kitting process.
- Consolidate partial pallets into full pallets for location/inventory consolidation
- Monitor inventory levels of all warehouse supplies and work with purchasing to replenish these supplies.
- Review emails for various parts and material requests and related instructions.
- Ensure proper organization and cleanliness of all warehouse areas, including racking, aisles, and related floor storage areas.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with the manager or supervisor on any issues which need resolution.