JD - Color Material Finish Technical ManagerLogitech (Suzhou)
LOGITECH is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. Established in 1981 in Swizterland, Logitech is a high technology company with over billion in sales and is listed internationally. Since we first entered China in 1991, (and Suzhou in 1994), we have experienced rapid growth resulting in China becoming Logitech’s second largest market today. Our goal is for China to become our largest market as Logitech has the innovative products and services, and strong brands to continue our rapid growth in China. We are creating a “One China Team” that introduces more products designed in China for China, and eventually the world. We welcome talented and passionate individuals to join our winning team. The Role:
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? Logitech is now looking for a CMF Technical Manager to join the team in S uzhou, China. Your contribution:
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Implement & conduct innovation ideas for Logitech, lead and/or support CMF technology projects to enable products and our customer diversity, inclusivity, sustainability and customization
- partner with product marketing/ID/ME/CMF design, perform CMF engineering design of new products: DFM, GD&T, SPC, DOE, perform materials selection, trial and qualification, painting / printing / plating and other CMF process trials, trouble shooting on-site, support product projects
- manage / partner with molding and CMF related suppliers to ensure smooth CMF process ramp-up and MP for NPI
- provide CMF consulting,training and support to Hsinchu site (ME, QA, Commodity, PMs...)
- support on-going supplier audit for new tech, cost-down on existing tech...
For consideration, the following skills and behaviors are required:
- Technical competence:
- Creative CMF engineering design in the early phase of product concept with design, marketing, operation and other engineers. Synthesize and present data and ideas logically.
- Keeper of the engineering design quality to enable CMF process capability in trials and MP, solving problems systematically throughout define, approve, develop, qualify new CMF.
- Familiar with materials knowhow & technology (plastic, metal, composites, flexible technology and so on). Experienced in color/appearance management techniques and Finishing techniques like printing, painting, IMD,...
- Skilled auditor according to ISO, maintain a pro-active partnership with key CMF suppliers
- Personal competence
- Good English (reading, speaking and writing)
- Good communication skills as the CMF consultant, CMF technical influencer
- Attention to details and flexible in a fast-moving environment
- Being able to work efficiently in a global, multi-cultural team
- Willing to travel
- Able to work with overseas suppliers
- University degree, equivalent or above - training in one of the following specialties or related: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science and engineering,printing technology, mechanical engineering
- 5 years experiences as a CMF/ME engineer
- 5 years experience in electronics, sports goods or related industries: molding, painting, printing, plastic decoration
- 3 year experience in managing suppliers in high volume production, small batch manufacturing a plus
- 3 years experience working as a project engineer
Logitech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Logitech are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.