*Applicants for this job have the flexibility to work remote.
You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation, we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members.
As User Experience Designer, you will:
- Conduct user experience research, interviews and usability tests to inform design decisions and define user problems. This is accomplished by watching end-users perform their work and determining what systems and tools can solve their problems.
- Create low to high fidelity wireframes (illustrations) and prototypes which provide visual representation of the products.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, prototypes and the specifics of user-centered design process to product, engineering, and key stakeholders.
- Work directly with Product Managers and Engineers to outline and define end-user needs and balance execution of desired business product requirements.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including paid holidays
- Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
- 401(k) and stock purchase plans
- Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
Additionally you will bring:
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to plan, research, and facilitate UX processes, including design thinking/human centered design activities for service and products across digital and non-digital touchpoints.
- Support UX/HCD activities, including consultations, design sprints, and facilitating workshop sessions. Apply human centric design principles and tools to clarify problems, create shared alignment, and craft appropriate solutions that keep the focus on the end-user while balancing business requirements.
- Consistently build prototypes, stories, and other deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Factors, HCD, Interaction Design, Service Design, Marketing, Instructional Design, Digital Arts or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Practical experience leveraging current digital user experience and design tools such as but not limited to Adobe CC, Sketch, and InVision.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.