The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The purpose of this position is to operate vehicles (tractors/trailer/tankers) to transport and deliver fertilizer, chemicals, and other hazardous materials to internal and external customers.
- Maintains DOT and DMV standards with regard to transport and placarding of hazardous materials and non-hazardous
- Operates tractor/trailer combinations, and forklifts to transport hazardous materials to internal & external customers. This includes over-the-road driving to various locations.
- Performs general maintenance on trucks which may include, but is not limited to, replenishing fuel, checking and replenishing oil levels, washing trucks, and taking trucks to the shop for scheduled service maintenance.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date driver's logs and inspection sheets.
- Operates forklift for general loading and unloading of products using required safety procedures and safety equipment 100% of the time.
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED)|
- Three plus years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage up to 12 ton loads on tandem axle 40 ft. bed with piggy-backed forklift or 20 ton loads on 42 trailer with piggy-backed forklift.
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive a 13-speed manual transmission.
- Forklift Certification is greatly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to the required license and certifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, road signs, maps, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and/or oral instructions/directions.
- Must be willing to follow all applicable safety procedures.
- Work days may include nights, weekends, and holidays, depending on need and delivery schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) driving regulations.
- Additional Comments: No drug or alcohol convictions within the last 60 months and no moving violations within a 3 year period.
- No preventable incidents within the previous 5-year period.
- Must possess a current, CDL/DOT certified (Class A) valid driver's license.
- DMV Hazardous Endorsement is Preferred
Health Care Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision), 401K, HSA Savings Account, PTO (Vacation Time), etc.
Job Requisition ID: 8085
Travel Required: None
Pay Grade: Global Grade 1
Location(s): STH Retail - Denver
Country: United States
Position Pay Range: 30.00 - (+/- $5 dollars from target pay)
Benefits: Our package of health and welfare benefits, with coverage available to begin on the 1st of the Month following your date of hire, includes Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, 401k, and more.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**