About the role
Since 2020, Delivery at Uber has grown tremendously on the back of increased demand caused by the pandemic. Merchants across all categories have increased their investment and interest in their digital and delivery offering. Without having their own on-demand logistics capability, merchants are looking for a partner who can fulfill the requirement for last-mile delivery. With millions of drivers and couriers providing on-demand logistics through our existing marketplaces, Uber is well positioned to allow merchants to use our network of couriers, fulfilling the on-demand last-mile-delivery service for orders to their own app and website.
Uber Direct is a new business that focuses on last-mile delivery across all verticals - Online Food Delivery, Grocery, Retail, Ecommerce - empowering merchants to deliver orders generated on their own channels (outside of Uber's marketplaces) with the most convenient experience. Direct is rapidly growing the ways in which Uber connects the world. Our goal is to set the momentum that will transform Direct into a sizable part of our business by EOY'23. Uber Direct has the potential to be our next multi-billion dollar business.
This role will be a part of a newly formed Direct team in France, and will be working very closely with the Eats and New Verticals teams in France, the EMEA central Direct team and cross-functional counterparts.
As Account Manager for Uber Direct in France, you will be owning the relationship with a growing base of Partners (Food and non-food retailers, e-commerce players, aggregators) to fuel Uber's Direct growth in France. You will be responsible for their operational & technical onboarding on Uber Direct, as well as for growing our business with them. You will play an integral role on a cross-functional team, executing towards our vision and strategy of connecting Ecommerce to final consumers. You will collaborate across internal teams including product, finance, legal, compliance, and operations to provide the best service to our customers!
What You Will Do
As a Uber Direct Account Manager, be a strategic partner to the Uber Direct team, to support the growth of the France business:
• Build long-term relationships with Uber Direct customers - Develop meaningful and long-lasting relationships with key partners by focusing on building trust and crafting successful joint business plans
• Monitor the activity and analyze data - Perform a broad range of financial, quantitative, and qualitative analyses to continuously improve the reliability of the orders and capture additional value. Look for ways to achieve and exceed monthly goals (financial and qualitative). Present and report key results to partners, internally and externally
• Promote Uber Direct value proposition - Clearly understand and communicate the value of Uber Direct to Enterprise Accounts. Seek and achieve logistics, same-day delivery, delivery as a service industry knowledge to have enriching conversations with Enterprise Accounts. Look for ways to grow our business within existing accounts.
• Contribute to Uber Direct offering improvement - Act as an ambassador of Uber's mission, brand, and product - being a problem solver for partners and team. Identify ways to develop further Uber Direct offering to answer partner's needs.
What You Will Need
• Min 3 years of experience in Sales, Account management, Business Development or Operations in a large business or growing a start-up or other relevant experience
• Experience in sales & account management, a consistent record in business development and client management preferred
• Good business understanding and judgment. Comfortable dealing with financial information and thoughtful about overall strategic choices
• Empathetic when dealing with different people; able to quickly build relationships with external and internal partners
• Analytics chops: Google Sheets (Intermediate is fine)
• Appetence for operational and tech topics to support merchants on day-to-day issues in coordination with cross-functional teams
• Entrepreneurial mindset and pro-activity
• High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly
• Proficiency in English and French
• Experience with using excel and/or SQL is a plus (or comfortable learning and using new software tools)
• Industry knowledge in the on-demand / same-day delivery space
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires• or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
• Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Software and Services