We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Auditor to join our team at Ameriprise! This person will complete portions of the Risk & Control Services plan, including audit and compliance activities. You will evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes, which will include identifying control deficiencies and assessing their exposure and significance.
This opportunity is based in Minneapolis, MN and offers a hybrid in-office schedule.Responsibilities
- Complete portions of the Risk & Control Services plan, including IT audit activities and IT SOX/MAR/FDICIA compliance activities. Lead audit projects in less complex areas.
- Meet with various levels of management to conduct control walkthroughs and present audit results.
- Perform audit work to identify control deficiencies and assess exposure and significance. Document results according to the department’s audit methodology.
- Monitor management action plan status and recommend closure of management action plans when actions are complete and identified deficiencies have been addressed.
- Coordinate with appropriate control groups in planning and completing assigned work.
- Complete work within established timelines. Proactively communicate challenges or roadblocks that impact ability to meet established timelines.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in public accounting, internal audit, technology audit or related financial services field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic audit skills and technology knowledge.
- Standard desktop computing skills
About Our Company
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for project leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CIA, CISA, CPA, or CISSP certification(s)
- Information Technology, Accounting or Finance degree
- Experience with NIST Cybersecurity Framework and/or FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks
- Experience with various computing environments, e.g., On Premises, Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.