FULL-TIME FLEET MECHANIC LEVEL B
***$3,000 Sign-on Bonus***
Frito-Lay Fleet Technicians are essential to our team because they work on our fleet vehicles and keep our drivers safe. Are you looking for a job at a company that rewards the mechanically gifted? Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
• 2nd Shift Tuesday-Saturday
• 4 pm - 12 am
• Health benefits active after DAY 1!
• Dental and Vision plan
• 401K with company contribution and retirement savings
• Vacation pay
• Paid boot/uniform allowance
• $500 tool allowance
• And more!
• Full-time Mechanic position available in the Aberdeen Garage
• Pay - $27.00 / HR
• Shift pay differential
• $3,000 Sign-on bonus
• Brakes, Diesel Engines, and Preventive Maintenance Inspection
• Lynchburg, VA
• A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is NOT required but preferred
• 5 years of previous experience with documented formal training
• Ability to read pneumatic and electrical drawings
• Preventative maintenance of all equipment
• Tractor and Trailer maintenance background
• Major and minor electrical with the ability to maintain and troubleshoot
• Brake Systems
• Air systems
• Body (panels, frame, doors, etc.)
• Welding and fabrication
• Must have own basic tools
Technical Experience Preferred:
• Fluid power systems
• Hydraulic controls
• Mechanical troubleshooting abilities
• Electrical experience
• Diesel engine repair experience
• Basic computer experience
• Able to diagnose and troubleshoot all repairs with limited assistance promptly
• Ability to identify warranty issues
Other duties may include (but are not limited to):
• Attend all training and required team meetings
• Actively engaged in continuously improving results
• Shop clean-up
• Other duties as assigned by Resource
You may already be familiar with what this position entails. You will help us maintain and repair our vehicles, diagnose mechanical issues, manage parts inventory, and charge parts and labor to work orders. We asked our Fleet Technicians what else we should let you know about working here, and this is what the team had to say about frequent tasks
you can expect to perform:
- You will use your extensive knowledge to assist entry-level mechanics with difficult repairs.
- You will build relationships with vendors when getting estimates for parts or labor.
- You will interact with a variety of Frito-Lay drivers, from professional truck drivers to salespeople.
- This is a physical job which often involves working in tight spaces under vehicles.
This is an experienced position. Here are our minimum requirements for you to consider prior to filling out our application:
- You are at least 21 years of age or older
- You may be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
- Your driver's license has not been suspended or revoked in connection with a moving violation within the past three (3) years
- You can 50 lift pounds or more with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to work in tight spaces for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will be required to work on/under trucks for an entire shift (8 to 12 hours) with or without a reasonable accommodation
Given the fact that we offer high wages and phenomenal benefits, you might be wondering what will give you an edge when you apply to Frito-Lay. Here is an idea of the characteristics
our managers look for:
- Safety-Focused: Drivers are counting on your focus on safety which means doing the job correctly and not taking shortcuts.
- Flexibility: Like all Frito-Lay team members, your work on weekends and holidays helps us maintain our industry dominance. We place a high premium on teamwork.
- Attention to Detail: We want to avoid breakdowns and stranded drivers. Your approach to preventative maintenance should be diligent, even meticulous, when it comes to maintaining our fleet.
- Initiative: You are out in the field by yourself much of the time. Our best people would put it this way: we need folks who can show up and work until the job is done.
- Leadership: You will manage situations that might involve providing instructions to coworkers in the spirit of safety, efficiency, and cooperation. Frito-Lay leaders will trust you to make good decisions.
- Tech Savvy: Technology will enable you to quickly diagnose mechanical problems, and you will also draw upon your computer skills when installing electronic logging devices such as tablets and dashboard computers.
- Teamwork: It's important that you work well with others because you will regularly interact with our Regional Drivers, vendors and other team members.
Does this sound like you?
We hope that you are now envisioning yourself as the newest addition to our diverse team. There is nothing sweeter than a thankful driver who is back out on the road delivering quality snacks to our customers as a direct result of your personal expertise and work ethic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law
& EEO is the Law Supplement
documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.