Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
The administrative assistant supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. The administrative assistant allows the advisor the assurance he/she needs to know that his/her practice is being maintained and supported within Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, preparing client communications and tracking new business correspondence. This role is responsible for coordinating/tracking projects and/or managing business-as-usual projects such as filing, copying. Researching printer problems, and/or organizing the logistics of a client seminar with Marketing Manager.
Optional disability coverage and dental insuranceResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and Time Allocation
– Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.Responsibilities
90% Business Management
10% Client Care
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature
- Copy and track all client and practice materials including business correspondence
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas/forms for appointments
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow-up items
- Assist the planning assistant(s), paraplanner(s), associate financial advisor(s) and advisor(s)
- Maintain office supplies and daily light cleaning
Key Traits of a Successful Client Service Associate/Manager
- Greet clients upon arrival and extend hospitality to clients
- Set up and maintain client management system
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and administer client appreciation
- Document client contacts/calls
- Track client special events and make appropriate contact per established client contact model
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
College degree or higher
Experience in working in a small office environmentAbout Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.