Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
As a Tax Accountant Senior, you will prepare federal, state and local income tax returns for multiple legal entities, maintain tax records, and prepare income tax provisions.
What you will be doing
• Prepares, reviews and files various reports for federal, state and local reporting as well as other areas of tax compliance (monthly, quarterly, annually).
• Maintains current knowledge of tax laws, updates and revisions and informs management of issues affecting FIS.
• Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommends actions that meet business plans while managing tax liability.
• Investigates and reconciles discrepancies.
• Anticipates potential tax filing conflicts and resolves before returns are filed, i.e., acquisitions, fixed purchase option leases, etc.
• Reconciles any year-end balances and recover any tax overpayments.
• Requests refunds for dual taxation, incorrect assessment and exempt property.
• Assists with tax audits.
• Monitors internal reporting software database for integrity and maintenance.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Remain knowledgeable on current tax regulations.
• 2+ years of experience in tax accounting.
• Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local income and franchise tax concepts, practices and procedures for multiple entities in multiple jurisdictions.
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
• Analytical and statistical examination skills.
• Ability to understand and apply learned concepts.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met.
• Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public.
What we offer you
At FIS, you can learn, grow and make an impact in your career. This role exposes you to a variety of lines of business and corporate functions at FIS, including some of our most prominent executive leaders. As you grow your network at FIS, you will have ample opportunity for upward movement within the department or laterally in other areas of the enterprise. In addition, you receive exceptional benefits including:
• Flexible and creative work environment with a hybrid working arrangement
• Diverse and collaborative atmosphere
• Professional and personal development resources
• Opportunities to give back
• Work - life balance
• Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.