WIN Waste Innovations is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 2,100 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today's needs. WIN Waste Innovations is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 50 strategically located collection, transfer, and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 11 million tons of waste annually, converting 6.7 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers 340,000 homes. We recycle more than 234,000 tons of plastic, paper, and metals from the waste stream.
A Roll-Off Driver safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
* Operates vehicle in accordance with Company's Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
* Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
* Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
* Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by WIN Waste Innovations
* Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
* Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
* Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
* Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
* Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
* Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
* Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
* Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
* Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
* Education: Not required
* Experience: 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, or Other Requirements:
* Commercial Driver's License B (CDL).
* The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
* Hold a current Class A or B Commercial 'Driver's License with an air brake endorsement.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
* Acceptable driving record required.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review
* Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
* Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
* Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
At WIN Waste Innovations, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledPDN-9a8d6f26-7605-47fe-aec6-5b2dde9c821c