The Thought Leader Liaison's (TLL) key primary responsibility is to support key US Commercial Strategic Imperatives for the argenx portfolio. The TLL is an exceptional business leader with deep neurology experience who will work regionally to drive results in two main areas: 1) KOL Engagement and 2) Impact Drivers. This role will ensure close working relationship with cross-functional partners in cross-functional market teams, in a compliant manner. This position will be remotely based.
This position will include the following states: Kentucky, WV, Cincinnati metro area and Western VA
Roles and Responsibilities:
KOL Engagement -
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain long-standing relationships with national and regional KOLs in support of argenx therapeutic areas (currently Neurology) commercial speaker bureau faculty and advisors who are part of the Commercial Strategies, Launch Execution, Patient Experience, and Communications sub committees of the MG Collegium.
- Support commercial KOL influence-mapping initiatives by developing profiles and engagement/communication plans for each assigned KOL and validate commercial target list
- Monitor KOL insights about current and future treatment patterns that may impact the argenx TA (currently Neurology) commercial strategy and provide feedback for consideration
- Address customer service issues/identified needs and coordinate cross-functional action plans to address on label issues as needed
- Act as a liaison between KOLs and argenx for approved Commercial activities, including office-based cross-functional colleagues
- Attend and coordinate regional and national congresses to support marketing initiatives, identify & select for product theatres, develop appropriate collaboration, and assist in personnel education
- Collaborate with Marketing and Insights Team to refine positioning, disease, and branding campaign, and assist in the development of strategies/messaging to drive treatment education
- Align with field partners such as Medical Science Liaisons on complementary initiatives with shared customers
Speaker Bureau Management and Speaker Training -
- Work with field and office-based colleagues to identify, contract, and train qualified promotional speakers in both disease state and treatment
- Provide real time assessment of program effectiveness and ongoing coaching to the speaker
- Assess speaker utilization and program logistics to ensure compliance with internal corporate policies and guidelines
- Play a key role in live speaker training meetings by collaborating with marketing on content preparation and workshop delivery
- Work with Marketing, sales leadership, and contracted speakers to gain and synthesize feedback in support of the evolution of promotional programming content, case studies for potential publications, and other commercial projects
Program Facilitation and Management -
- Work with Marketing and Sales Management to identify and recruit KOLs for national/regional faculty and speaker opportunities
- Assist in the facilitation and execution of commercial advisory boards through identification of key advisors equipped to provide compelling insights
- Assist commercial team with KOL recruitment for ad hoc initiatives such as sales training initiatives, presentations at national sales meetings, content development for commercial programs, presentations to office-based argenx employees, etc.
- Responsible for delivering education opportunities to support Healthcare Providers in the disease management and treatment (currently of gMg)
Impact Drivers -
- Identify and develop hard to access Academic Institutions/Health Systems to address policy and business issues as well as formulary decisions by creating access and developing Advocacy
- Identify immediate growth opportunities & potential risk areas within chosen Academic Institutional/Health System channel and implements strategies
- Collaborates with field partners to execute on strategies
- Ability to think critically to navigate complexities within identified Academic Institutions/Health Systems
- Identify and build new advocacy with Future Clinical Champions (i.e.: Residents/Fellows, NP/PA's, Community Neuro's, etc.)
- Corporate Initiatives-support critical success factors through tactical execution aligning with TLL responsibilities
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong scientific acumen and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen actively and synthesize information in a meaningful way
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) skills with proven ability to present to large and small audience
- Demonstrate fluency in articulating complex scientific concepts and data
- Good judgment, ability to adapt and change in a shifting environment
- Strategic, passionate, self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong understanding of the laws, regulations and rules governing the pharmaceutical industry
- Must work well in large and small teams, ability to work remotely
- Cross functional mindset and strong aptitude for effectively working with cross functional teams.
- Effective collaborator on cross functional teams with a variety of technical expertise and background.
- Ability to travel 60%-70%
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent. Advanced health science degree a plus
- At least 10 years of combined neurology or other related industry experience in rare market; Marketing or clinical experience in the same or related therapeutic area a plus
- A minimum of 5 or more years work experience in one or more of the following: clinical liaison, thought leader management, key account management or clinical sales
- Proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding expectations in assigned responsibilities as confirmed by references
At argenx we strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment. Here all applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. argenx is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing your application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the candidate selection process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only inquiries related to an accommodation request will receive a response.